News for UCLA Computer Science 111, Fall 2014
- Scribe notes have been added to
- The readings for Wednesday, December 10 have been assigned:
Armbrust et al. 2010 and Kivity et al. 2014.
- Lab 4's deadline is now Wednesday, December 10.
Its drop-dead date is still Friday, December 12.
- Here are some topics for your two- to three-page report
that is due Friday, December 12.
Each topic is illustrated by a single article or web page,
but please don't limit your reading to just this web page: you
should be coming up with a summary of the topic, not the
article. For example, some of these articles refer to recently
published scholarly papers, and you should read the original
papers, not just the article. Some of the topics are fairly large;
the intent is that
you focus on the operating system aspects of each topic, and not
other technical components, management, economics, or politics. Please
submit a two- to three-page report in PDF form for the topic you chose.
- Lab 1c details have been
filled in, and its design problems changed.
- Eric Griffis has replaced Diyu Zhou as teaching assistant
for lab section 1C.
- CCLE has a new area where you can turn in your scribe notes.
Scribe notes for a lecture are due by 23:55 one week after the
lecture, or by 23:55 December 12, whichever comes first.
- A Piazza
page is available.
- Diyu's office hours are Thursdays 10:00–12:00.
- Taqi's office hours are Tuesdays 09:00–11:00.
- Tuan's office hours are Tuesdays 14:00–16:00.
- Check that your
account works right away, as there are occasionally delays before
your account is activated.
Here are some suggestions if you're
interested in the course but are neither enrolled nor on the waiting list.
Any PTEs are not typically given out until the end of the second week,
to make sure that enough resources are available.
You can try coming to classes before then.
Sign up on any attendance sheet that is being passed around.
© 2014 Paul Eggert.
See copying rules.
$Id: news.html,v 1.141 2014/12/16 01:34:35 eggert Exp $