News for UCLA Computer Science 33, Spring 2015
Here are news items that affect the core assignments and
Please read "Power Struggles" and understand its
- Homework 5's due date has been changed to Tuesday, 05-25.
- The OpenMP lab is available.
- The second midterm has been delayed by a lecture,
until Tuesday, 2015-05-19. On Thursday we will talk
about synchronization instead; Thursday's lecture
will be covered in the midterm.
- Eric's, Samuel's, and Thuy's office hours and email addresses
have been corrected.
- Lab 2, the Pexex Lab, is
available. Its due date has been changed to April 30.
- TA office hours have been updated. Thuy's hours
are Mondays 12:00–14:00, Samuel's
Mondays 14:00–16:00. Eric's
Wednesdays 15:00–16:00 and Thursdays 12:00–13:00,
and Guanya's Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:30–11:30.
- Homework 2 is available on CCLE. Its due date has been extended until Sunday, April 19.
- We have two new teaching assistants, Yang Lu (office hours TBD) and Guanya Yang (office hours Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:00–11:00).
- Samuel Ahn's office hours are now Mondays 12:00–13:00 and 15:00–16:00.
- As we are still short some TAs, discussion sections will be combined tomorrow.
Students in DIS 1C (Humanities 135) at 10:00 should attend DIS 1B (Boelter 3400).
Students in DIS 1G (Boelter 5419) at 14:00 should attend DIS 1H (Boelter 5249).
- The TA office hours have been set, and have been published in the class's
main web page.
- Obtain or renew your SEASnet
account right away, as there are occasionally delays before
your account is activated.
Here are suggestions if you're
interested in the course but are neither enrolled nor on the waiting list.
Read Enrollment in
Undergraduate Computer Science Classes and follow its advice.
Any PTEs are not typically given out until the end of the second week,
to make sure that enough resources are available.
You can try coming to classes before then.
Sign up on any attendance sheet that is being passed around.
© 2015 Paul Eggert.
See copying rules.
$Id: news.html,v 1.12 2015/06/04 20:49:28 eggert Exp $