(Jointly) Mathematics and Computer Science Departments
University of California, Los Angeles
Postdoc (jointly) UCLA Math and CS, Since 2015.7
Co-founder, Jixie Effects Inc. 2016
Consulting research scientist, Awowd Inc., Since 2016
Consulting research scientist, Voxelcloud Ltd., Since 2015
Ph.D in CS, UCLA, 2015*. Advisors: Prof. Demetri Terzopoulos and Prof. Joseph Teran
*Awarded UCLA Enginnering School Edward K. Rice Outstanding Doctoral Student
B.S. in Physics, Class for the Gifted Young, University of Science and Technology of China, 2010
Research interests: Computer graphics, computational solid/fluid mechanics, virtual reality, physics-based simulation and its applications to computer vision, scene understanding, medical training, and cognitive science.
* (2016.05.10) I will co-chair the 1st workshop on Virtual Reality meets Physical Reality: Modelling and Simulating Virtual Humans and Environments at SIGGRAPH Asia 2016.
* (2016.05.08) Our paper Fast Automated Liver Delineation from Computational Tomography Angiography is accepted to MIUA 2016.
* (2016.04.27) Our paper Implicit-shifted Symmetric QR Singular Value Decomposition of 3x3 Matrices is published as UCLA Math Technical Report with full code released.
* (2016.04.19) Our siggraph course The Material Point Method for Simulating Continuum Materials will be presented at SIGGRAPH 2016 with me being a main presenter.
* (2016.04.14) Our paper Material Point Method Simulation of Ballistic Trauma is accepted to the 12th World Congress on Computational Mechanics (WCCM 2016)
* (2016.04.11) I will co-chair the 2nd Workshop on Physical and Social Scene Understanding at CogSci 2016.
* (2016.04.11) Our paper Probabilistic Simulation Predicts Human Performance on Viscous Fluid-Pouring Problem is accepted to CogSci 2016 as an oral paper.
* (2016.03.21) Our paper An angular momentum conserving Affine-Particle-In-Cell method is published on arXiv.
* (2016.03.19) Our paper Drucker-Prager Elastoplasticity for Sand Animation is conditionally accepted to SIGGRAPH 2016.
* (2016.03.03) Our paper Inferring Forces and Learning Human Utilities From Videos is accepted to CVPR as an oral paper.