One, and only one, of the following statements is true.
1. When working on a project there is one basic tool.
(a) Cooperation is the greatest source powering a project.
(b) Dare to do things or suffer the consequences of finding great difficulties.
(c) Neither(a) nor (b)
2. To achieve the most:
(a) Say to yourself what would be good to have and then plan what that requires.
(b) Rely on your youthful strength, general knowledge, and stamina and produce the most that you can in the days just before the deadline.
(c) Determine all the deadlines and requirements and be sure to meet them.
3. Believing one can do a task:
(a) Leads to trying. (b) Is a central factor. (c) Is irrational.
4. Antananarivo is a word:
(a) In Malagasy. (b) Meaning Friday. (c) Signifying "town of a thousand warriors."
5. The likelihood that exactly one in thirteen births involving the same father is a girl while twelve are boys is:
(a) 1 in 20 (b) 1 in 55 (c) Less than 1.6 in a thousand.
6. Justification for doing a good technical design:
(a) Is in the actual product. (b) Comes from the skills that one develops. (c) Neither (a) nor (b).
7. A UCLA Psychology Professor John Liebeskind, who is an expert in pain, says that the rewards in some positions come in the form of more work. Find the author whose statement (it was included in the referenced file: http://www.cs.ucla.edu/csd-lanai/fweb/cs190/mad.html) most closely approximates this claim.
(a) Stevenson. (b) Shakespeare. (c) Wilde.
8. A course grade acts like:
(a) a numeric measure of accomplishment. (b) a classroom equivalent of money. (c) an indicator or guide to the student.
9. Which is the market day in Antananarivo?
(a) Markets are open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. (b) Saturday. (c) Friday.
10. Which is true about images on the world wide web?
(a) Downloading jpg files takes longer than other forms. (b) A thumbnail image should always be in postscript.
(c) A postscript or ps file takes a long time to download.