I am a PhD Student in Computer Science Department at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). I am working with Prof. Mani Srivsatava as a member of the Networked and Embedded Systems Laboratory (NESL). I am also a team member of the DAIS-ITA project, and I was a research intern at Qualcomm Research (2015), and software engineering intern at Google (2016).
Prior to joining UCLA, I worked as a research assistant in Wireless Research Center (WRC) at Egypt Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST) under supervision of Dr. Moustafa Youssef from Sep. 2010 till Nov. 2013. I also worked as a teaching assistant at the Computer Engineering Department at Tanta University. In summer 2013, I was a research intern at Bell-Labs under supervision of Dr. Fahim Kawsar. In summer 2011, I worked as an intern at Google. I recieved my Bachelors from the Computer Engineering and Automatic Control Department at Tanta University in 2008.
- May. 2017 We are releasing the code of our RSTensorFlow project as open-source (Project link)
- May. 2017 Our paper RSTensorFlow has been accepted at EMDL 2017 (co-located with MobiSys)
- May. 2017 Our paper "Deep Learning for Situational Understanding" has been accepted at IEEE FUSION 2017
- May. 2017 Our paper "Distributed Opportunistic Sensing and Fusion for Traffic Congestion Detection" has been accepted at DAIS-2017
- May. 2017 Our paper "Interpretability of Deep Learning Models: A Survey of Results" has been accepted at DAIS-2017
- Jan. 2017 Our paper SenseGen has been accepted at IEEE BICA (co-located with PerCom) 2017
- Jan. 2017 Our paper SeleCon has been accepted at IoTDI 2017.
- Oct. 2016 Our paper CryptoImg has been accepted at IEEE SPC (co-located with IEEE CNS) 2016.
- June 2016 I spent Summer 2016 as a Summer Ph.D. engineering intern at Google working with the Android location team.
- Dec. 2015 I have passed the PhD Written Qualification Exam (WQE).
- Our paper SemanticSLAM has been accepted in IEEE Transaction of Mobile Computing, 2015.
- June 2015 : I am spending the summer as a research intern at Qualcomm Research !