UCLA CS 232 Static Program Analysis Fall 2009
- Time and place: Mon, Wed 2:00-3:50pm, 5422 Boelter Hall.
- Professor: Jens Palsberg,
4531K Boelter Hall
Office hours: after each class until 4:30, in 4829 BH.
- Reading list.
- The discussion website is on
(go to Computer Science, CS 232, Forum).
- Lectures Mon Sep 28, Wed Sep 30:
An introduction to static analysis of object-oriented programs.
a single global method table,
class hierarchy analysis, rapid type analysis,
constraint-based analysis, equality-based analysis,
subset-based analysis in cubic time.
- Lectures Mon Oct 5, Wed Oct 7:
Analysis of lambda-calculus.
Flow-insensitive and flow-sensitive analysis.
- Lectures Mon Oct 12, Wed Oct 14:
Context-insensitive and context-sensitive analysis.
Efficient data structures based on binary decision diagrams.
- Lectures Mon Oct 19,
Use of static program analysis for optimization.
Flow-directed method inlining, type-safe method inlining.
- Lectures Wed Oct 21:
Subtransitive flow analysis of typed programs.
- Lectures Mon Oct 26, Wed Oct 28:
Relationships between static analysis and type systems.
- Lectures Mon Nov 2:
Analysis of stack bounds for event-driven software.
- Lectures Wed Nov 4:
- Lectures Mon Nov 11:
- Lectures Mon Nov 16:
The Fixed Point Theorem.
The Schroder-Bernstein Theorem.
- Lectures Mon Nov 18:
Soundness proofs for static analyses
- Lectures Mon Nov 23, Wed Nov 25:
submit one pdf file per homework via
(go to Computer Science, CS 232, Assignments/Submit).
- Homework 1 (8%) is due Thu Oct 15 at Noon.
- Homework 2 (8%) is due Thu Oct 22 at Noon.
- Homework 3 (8%) is due Thu Oct 29 at Noon.
- Homework 4 (8%) is due Thu Nov 5 at Noon.
- Homework 5 (8%) is due Thu Nov 12 at Noon.
- Homework 6 (8%) is due Thu Nov 19 at Noon.
- Homework 7 (8%) is due Wed Nov 25 at Noon.
- Homework 8 (8%) is due Thu Dec 3 at Noon.
- No Midterm!
- Multiple-choice exam (36%): Mon Nov 30, 2009, 2:00pm-3:50pm, in class.