On Research ...
- God creates the world, and it is human's responsibility to administer the world properly. To this end, man tries to construct a simplified and
intelligible picture of the world.
- the following are some interesting essays about motivation for scientific research:
- How to :
- doing the important thing at the right time in the right way---take a look at what Hamming said.
- unless you truly understand the problem, do not pretend to. Never
be cheated by the "Cargo Cult Science", as so named by Richard
- There are many solutions to any problem, but what is the criterion
to choose the right one? ---simplicity, the Nature's philosophy
- If you truly believe that God creates this world in a unified
fashion, when you get stuck with a problem, seek your inspiration
from around: nature, art and other sciences. Essentially, the
principles are the same.
- Never be overwhelmed by the mathematics other people
are boasting in their papers if you are in
engineering: the more equations, the fewer ideas
--- see some quotes from Hardy's
A Mathematician's Apology
- understanding the physics of the problem is still the most
important, which is almost the landmark of modern science,
but what else ...
- Others :