JACQUES VIDAL, Professor
UCLA Computer Science Department
3531D Boelter Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1596
tel: (310) 825-2858, fax: (310) 825-2273
AREAS OF INTEREST
Professor Jacques J. Vidal was born in Liege, Belgium.
He obtained an Electrical Engineering degree from the University of Liege
in 1954, a Nuclear Engineering Certificate from the INSTN of Saclay, France
in 1958, and a Doctorate from the University of Paris in 1961.
He joined the University of California in 1964 and became one of the
founders of the UCLA Computer Science Department.
He is also a member of the UCLA Brain Research Institute.
- Neuromimetic Information processing- Pattern Recognition
- Soft Computing: Neural Networks, Fuzzy Systems and Genetic Search
- Epidemiology and Functional Statistics
- Engineering and Science Education on Cyberspace.
- Internet Security, Commerce and Privacy on the World Wide Web.