I am currently an assistant professor at Computer Science, UCLA. Prior to that, I joined Northeastern University as an assistant professor in 2013. I received my
Ph.D. degree from
Computer Science Department,
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (UIUC) in December 2012. I got my master degree and bachelor degrees in Computer Science and Statistics from
Peking University, China.
For Prospective Students
I am now looking for highly motivated Ph.D. students. Read more for related information.
- [Apr. 2017] Attending WWW'17 Conference.
- [Mar. 2017] Invited Talks at SnapChat, HeartBD2K, and CMU Tepper Business School.
- [Feb. 2017] Attending WSDM'17 Conference.
- [Nov. 2016] Invited Talks at USC Information Sciences Institute and UCSD.
- [Oct. 2016] Visiting UIUC for CS @ ILLINOIS Alumni Awards and invited talk at DAIS Seminar.
- [Aug. 2016] Keynote at KDD MLG workshop, and invited talk at Ancestry.
- [July 2016] Invited Talks at MSRA, Tsinghua University, Peking University, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and Shandong University
- [July 2016] I have joined CS Department of UCLA this Summer.
Large-Scale Information Network Analysis, Social Network, Link Analysis
- Graph Mining, Web Mining, Text Mining
Data Mining, Database Systems, Statistics, Machine Learning, Information
Retrieval, Network Science
- More about my Research
Publications [Full List] [DBLP]
Selected Honors and Awards
Distinguished Alumni Educator Award, CS @ ILLINOIS Alumni Awards, 2016
Best Paper Award, Tsinghua Science and Technology 2015 Best Paper Award, 2016
NSF CAREER Award, 2015
Yahoo ACE (Academic Career Enhancement) Award, 2013
ACM SIGKDD 2013 Dissertation Award, 2013
Yahoo!-DAIS Outstanding Research Award, UIUC, 2013
Best Student Paper Award, 2012 ACM SIGKDD Int. Conf. on
Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD'12), 2012
Best Paper Award, Int. Conf. on Advances in Social
Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM'11), July 2011
- Data Mining Research Awards, Data Mining Group, UIUC,
Fall 2012, Spring 2012, Fall 2011, Spring 2011, Spring 2009, and Fall 2008