CS239: SPRING 1996
Temporal Databases, Temporal
Logic and Dynamic Models
Carlo Zaniolo BH-3532
(Office hours: WD, 1:30-3:30)
- Temporal issues in intelligent information systems
- An ontology of time
- Temporal constructs in SQL
- storage structures query optimization for temporal DBs
- Temporal logics, Datalog1S and logic based systems
- modeling database dynamics (petri nets state charts)
- architectures and implementations
- advanced topics-- students' presentations.
- take-home project+final.
Students must have completed cs240A or equivalent.
Tansel a. et al.,
Temporal databases: theory design implementation.
R. T. Snodgrass, The TSQL2 Temporal Query Language,
Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1995.