About Me [ CV ]
I am currently an associate professor at Computer Science, UCLA. Prior to that, I joined Northeastern University as an assistant professor in 2013. I received my Ph.D. degree from Computer Science Department, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (UIUC) in December 2012. I got my master degree and bachelor degrees in Computer Science and Statistics from Peking University, China.
More about our Lab
For Prospective Students
I am now looking for highly motivated Ph.D. students. Read more for related information.
- [Sept. 2022] New Group Website has lauched: https://ucla-dm.github.io/DM_website/index.html
- [Sept. 2022] Three papers have been accepted by NeurIPS'22. Congratulations to Arjun, Shichang, and Ziniu!
- [Sept. 2022] Junheng has succesfully passed thesis defense. Congratulations, Dr. Hao!
- [Sept. 2022] Vivian Cheng has received Amazon Fellowship. Congratulations to Vivian and Thanks Amazon!
- [Sept. 2022] I received VLDB Test of Time Award at VLDB'22.
- [Aug. 2022] A New NSF Award on Automating High Level Synthesis via Graph-Centric Deep Learning has been funded, a joint work with Jason Cong.
- Large-Scale Information Network Analysis, Social Network, Link Analysis
- Graph Mining, Web Mining, Text Mining
- Data Mining, Database Systems, Statistics, Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Network Science
- More about my Research
Selected Publications [Full List] [DBLP] [Google Scholar]
- Kewei Cheng, Jiahao Liu, Wei Wang, Yizhou Sun, "RLogic: Recursive Logical Rule Learning from Knowledge Graphs," in Proc. of 2022 ACM SIGKDD Int. Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD’22), Washington, DC, Aug. 2022.
- Atefeh Sohrabizadeh, Yunsheng Bai, Yizhou Sun, and Jason Cong, "Enabling Automated FPGA Accelerator Optimization Using Graph Neural Networks," in Proc. of 59th ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conference (DAC'22), San Francisco, July 2022.
Shichang Zhang, Yozen Liu, Yizhou Sun, and Neil Shah, "Graph-less Neural Networks: Teaching Old MLPs New Tricks Via Distillation," in Proc. 2022 Int. Conf. on Learning Representations (ICLR’22), April 2022. [Arxiv]
Xuelu Chen, Ziniu Hu, and Yizhou Sun, "Fuzzy Logic based Logical Query Answering on Knowledge Graphs," in Proc. of the 36th AAAI Conf. on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI'22), Feb. 2022. [Slides][GitHub]
- Ziniu Hu, Yuxiao Dong, Kuansan Wang, and Yizhou Sun, "Heterogeneous Graph Transformer," in Proc. 2020 Int. World Wide Web Conf. (WWW’20), Taipei, Taiwan, Apr. 2020. [Code]
- Yizhou Sun, Jiawei Han, Xifeng Yan, Philip S. Yu, and Tianyi Wu, "PathSim: Meta Path-Based Top-K Similarity Search in Heterogeneous Information Networks", PVLDB 4(11): 992-1003, 2011. (Also, Proc. of 2011 Int. Conf. on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB'11/PVLDB), Seattle, WA, Aug. 2011.) (Acceptance rate: 100/553 = 18.1%) [pdf] [slides][DBIS data]
- Graduated PhD Students (Year, First Position)
Selected Honors and Awards
- VLDB Test of Time Award , 2022
- BCB Best Student Paper Award , 2020
- Amazon Research Award , 2020
- Okawa Foundation Research Grant, 2019
- Amazon Research Award , 2018
- Distinguished Alumni Educator Award, CS @ ILLINOIS Alumni Awards , 2016
- Best Paper Award, Tsinghua Science and Technology 2015 Best Paper Award, 2016
- NSF CAREER Award, 2015
- Yahoo ACE (Academic Career Enhancement) Award, 2013
- ACM SIGKDD 2013 Dissertation Award, 2013
- Yahoo!-DAIS Outstanding Research Award, UIUC, 2013
- Best Student Paper Award, 2012 ACM SIGKDD Int. Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD'12), 2012
- Best Paper Award, Int. Conf. on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM'11), July 2011
- Data Mining Research Awards, Data Mining Group, UIUC, Fall 2012, Spring 2012, Fall 2011, Spring 2011, Spring 2009, and Fall 2008