This page contains links to publications produced as part of the Center's research efforts. We also provide links to publications by Center researchers that were written before the Center's founding, that have been particularly influential for research on obfuscation.
- Sanjam Garg, Craig Gentry, Shai Halevi, Mariana Raykova, Amit Sahai, Brent Waters. Candidate Indistinguishability Obfuscation and Functional Encryption for all Circuits. FOCS 2013 . Link to Full Paper
- Prabhanjan Ananth, Divya Gupta, Yuval Ishai, Amit Sahai. Optimizing Obfuscation: Avoiding Barrington's Theorem. ACM CCS 2014. Link to Full Paper
- Kim Ramchen, Brent Waters. Fully Secure and Fast Signing from Obfuscation. ACM CCS 2014. Link to Full Paper
- Vipul Goyal, Abhishek Jain, Venkata Koppula, Amit Sahai. Functional Encryption for Randomized Functionalities. TCC 2015. Link to Full Paper
- Venkata Koppula, Kim Ramchen, Brent Waters. Separations in Circular Security for Arbitrary Length Key Cycles. TCC 2015.
- Omkant Pandey, Manoj Prabhakaran, Amit Sahai. Obfuscation-Based Non-black-box Simulation and Four Message Concurrent Zero Knowledge for NP. TCC 2015.
- Dana Dachman-Soled, Jonathan Katz, Vanishree Rao. Adaptively Secure, Universally Composable, Multiparty Computation in Constant Rounds. TCC 2015.
- Yuval Ishai, Omkant Pandey, Amit Sahai. Public-Coin Differing-Inputs Obfuscation and Its Applications. TCC 2015.
- Susan Hohenberger, Venkata Koppula, Brent Waters. Universal Signature Aggregators. EUROCRYPT 2015. Link to Full Paper
- Dan Boneh, Divya Gupta, Ilya Mironov, Amit Sahai. Hosting Services on an Untrusted Cloud. EUROCRYPT 2015.
- Dan Boneh, Kevin Lewi, Mariana Raykova, Amit Sahai, Mark Zhandry, Joe Zimmerman. Semantically Secure Order-Revealing Encryption: Multi-input Functional Encryption Without Obfuscation. EUROCRYPT 2015.
- Joe Zimmerman. How to Obfuscate Programs Directly. EUROCRYPT 2015.
- Venkata Koppula, Allison Bishop Lewko, Brent Waters. Indistinguishability Obfuscation for Turing Machines with Unbounded Memory. STOC 2015. Link to Full Paper
- Ran Canetti, Justin Holmgren, Abhishek Jain, Vinod Vaikuntanathan. Succinct Garbling and Indistinguishability Obfuscation for RAM Programs. STOC 2015.
- Brent Waters. A Punctured Programming Approach to Adaptively Secure Functional Encryption. CRYPTO 2015.
- Prabhanjan Ananth, Zvika Brakerski, Gil Segev, Vinod Vaikuntanathan. From Selective to Adaptive Security in Functional Encryption. CRYPTO 2015.
- Jean-Sébastien Coron, Craig Gentry, Shai Halevi, Tancrède Lepoint, Hemanta K. Maji, Eric Miles, Mariana Raykova, Amit Sahai, Mehdi Tibouchi. Zeroizing Without Low-level Zeroes: New Attacks on Multilinear Maps and Their Limitations. CRYPTO 2015.
- Prabhanjan Ananth, Abhishek Jain. Indistinguishability Obfuscation from Compact Functional Encryption. CRYPTO 2015.
- Craig Gentry, Allison Bishop Lewko, Amit Sahai; Brent Waters. Indistinguishability Obfuscation from the Multilinear Subgroup Elimination Assumption. FOCS 2015.
- Saikrishna Badrinarayanan, Divya Gupta, Abhishek Jain, Amit Sahai. Multi-Input Functional Encryption for Unbounded Arity Functions. ASIACRYPT 2015.
- Dakshita Khurana, Vanishree Rao, Amit Sahai. Multi-Party Key Exchange for Unbounded Parties from Indistinguishability Obfuscation. ASIACRYPT 2015.
- Susan Hohenberger, Venkata Koppula, Brent Waters. Adaptively Secure Puncturable Pseudorandom Functions in the Standard Model. ASIACRYPT 2015. Link to Full Paper
- Allison Bishop Lewko, Susan Hohenberger, Brent Waters. New Circular Security Counterexamples from Decision Linear and Learning with Errors. ASIACRYPT 2015. Link to Full Paper
- Prabhanjan Ananth, Amit Sahai. Functional Encryption for Turing Machines. TCC 2016. Link to Full Paper
- Eric Miles, Amit Sahai, Mark Zhandry. Secure obfuscation in a weak multilinear map model: A simple construction secure against all known attacks. TCC 2016. Link to Full Paper
- Rishab Goyal, Venkata Koppula, Brent Waters. Semi-Adaptive Security and Bundling Functionalities Made Generic and Easy. TCC 2016. Link to Full Paper
- Apoorvaa Deshpande, Venkata Koppula, Brent Waters. Constrained Pseudorandom Functions for Unconstrained Inputs. Eurocrypt 2016.
- Mihir Bellare, Igors Stepanovs, Brent Waters. New Negative Results on Differing-Inputs Obfuscation. Eurocrypt 2016. Link to Full Paper
- Saikrishna Badrinarayanan, Eric Miles, Amit Sahai, Mark Zhandry. Post-Zeroizing Obfuscation: new mathematical tools, and the case of evasive circuits. Eurocrypt 2016. Link to Full Paper
- Nir Bitansky, Shafi Goldwasser, Abhishek Jain, Omer Paneth, Vinod Vaikuntanathan, Brent Waters. Time-Lock Puzzles from Randomized Encodings. ITCS 2016 . Link to Full Paper
- Amos Beimel, Ariel Gabizon, Yuval Ishai, Eyal Kushilevitz. Distribution Design. ITCS 2016 .
- Shai Halevi, Yuval Ishai, Abhishek Jain, Eyal Kushilevitz, Tal Rabin. Secure Multiparty Computation with General Interaction Patterns. ITCS 2016 .
- Sanjam Garg, Craig Gentry, Shai Halevi, Mariana Raykova, Amit Sahai, Brent Waters. Research Highlight: Hiding secrets in software: a cryptographic approach to program obfuscation. Communications of the ACM 59(5), 2016.
- Eric Miles, Amit Sahai, Mark Zhandry. Annihilation Attacks for Multilinear Maps: Cryptanalysis of Indistinguishability Obfuscation over GGH13. CRYPTO 2016. Link to Full Paper
- Prabhanjan Ananth, Aayush Jain, Moni Naor, Amit Sahai, Eylon Yogev. Universal Constructions and Robust Combiners for Indistinguishability Obfuscation and Witness Encryption. CRYPTO 2016. Link to Full Paper
- Venkata Koppula, Brent Waters. Circular Security Separations for Arbitrary Length Cycles from LWE. CRYPTO 2016. Link to Full Paper
- Elette Boyle; Niv Gilboa; Yuval Ishai. Breaking the Circuit Size Barrier for Secure Computation Under DDH. CRYPTO 2016 - Best Paper Award winner. Link to Full Paper
- Vipul Goyal, Yuval Ishai, Hemanta K. Maji, Amit Sahai, Alexander Sherstov. Bounded-Communication Leakage Resilience via Parity-Resilient Circuits. FOCS 2016.
- Kevin Lewi, et al. 5Gen: A Framework for Prototyping Applications Using Multilinear Maps and Matrix Branching Programs. ACM CCS 2016.
- Dennis Hofheinz, Tibor Jager, Dakshita Khurana, Amit Sahai, Brent Waters, Mark Zhandry. How to Generate and use Universal Samplers. ASIACRYPT 2016.
- Saikrishna Badrinarayanan, Vipul Goyal, Aayush Jain, Amit Sahai. Verifiable Functional Encryption. ASIACRYPT 2016. Link to Full Paper
- Vipul Goyal, Aayush Jain, Adam O' Neill. Multi-Input Functional Encryption with Unbounded-Message Security. ASIACRYPT 2016. Link to Full Paper
- Amit Sahai, Brent Waters. How to Use Indistinguishability Obfuscation: Deniable Encryption, and More. Accepted to SIAM Journal of Computing (pending minor revision).