Media Coverage of the Virtual Stuntman Project
The Associated Press interviewed Petros Faloutsos at UCLA on
January 24, 2002. On 02/21/02 the AP released a story entitled
"Virtual stunt artists audition for the part" authored by Andrew
Bridges. The story was featured in various forms by news sources
internationally, including the following:
The CNN story spawned some interesting Slashdot
discussion, some of it hilarious.
Earlier, on January 17, 2002, a New
Scientist story entitled "Virtual stunt artists take first
tumbles", authored by science reporter Duncan Graham-Rowe, was
featured in various forms by
Graphics World article entitled "Walk this way", authored by Diana
Phillips Mahoney, was published on 07/01/01. It was also featured on
08/04/01 on ZDNet.
Petros Faloutsos was interviewed on the following TV programs:
He was interviewed on the following radio programs:
- NBC4 (Southern California), Discoveries and Breakthroughs
Inside Science, by Scott Hanson. Interviewed March 25, 2002.
Aired May 4, 2002.
- Fox (Los Angeles), 10 PM News story "Technology Replaces
Stuntmen". Aired April 7, 2002
- CNN, Science and Technology Report, by Brian Feeney and Tom
Larson. Interviewed March 12, 2002
- Discovery Canada, Daily Planet, November 18, 2002
and he was also interviewed by
- BBC World Service, Outlook Programme. Aired January 28, 2002
- BBC World Service, Today Programme. Aired January 17, 2002
- The Todd Mundt Show, National Public Radio, October 31, 2002.
- Discovery Canada, January, 2002
- American Institute of Physics, Discoveries and Breakthroughs Inside Science, January 2002
- CNet, Midday Show with Steve Kovsky and Desmond Crisis, March 8, 2002.