UCLA CS 232 Static Program Analysis Fall 2008
- Time and place: Mon, Wed 2:00-3:50pm, 5252 Boelter Hall.
- Professor: Jens Palsberg,
4531K Boelter Hall
Office hours: after each class until 4:30, in either 4531K BH or in 4810 BH.
- Reading list.
- The discussion website is on
(go to Computer Science, CS 232, Forum).
- Lectures Mon Sep 29, Wed Oct 1:
An introduction to static analysis of object-oriented programs.
a single global method table,
class hierarchy analysis, rapid type analysis,
constraint-based analysis, equality-based analysis,
subset-based analysis in cubic time.
- Lectures Mon Oct 6, Wed Oct 8:
Analysis of lambda-calculus.
Flow-insensitive and flow-sensitive analysis.
- Lectures Mon Oct 13, Wed Oct 15:
Context-insensitive and context-sensitive analysis.
Efficient data structures based on binary decision diagrams.
- Lectures Mon Oct 27,
Use of static program analysis for optimization.
Flow-directed method inlining, type-safe method inlining.
- Lectures Wed Oct 29:
Subtransitive flow analysis of typed programs.
- Lectures Mon Nov 3, Wed Nov 5:
Relationships between static analysis and type systems.
- Lectures Mon Nov 10:
Analysis of stack bounds for event-driven software.
- Lectures Wed Nov 12:
- Lectures Mon Nov 17, Wed Nov 19:
The Fixed Point Theorem.
The Schroder-Bernstein Theorem.
Soundness proofs for static analyses
- Lectures Mon Nov 24:
- Lectures Mon Dec 1, Wed Dec 3:
Logical abstract interpretation.
submit one pdf file per homework via
(go to Computer Science, CS 232, Assignments/Submit).
- Homework 1 is due Thu Oct 16 at Noon.
- Homework 2 is due Thu Oct 23 at Noon.
- Homework 3 is due Thu Oct 30 at Noon.
- Homework 4 is due Wed Nov 12 at 2pm.
- Homework 5 is due Thu Nov 13 at Noon.
- Homework 6 is due Thu Nov 20 at Noon.
- Homework 7 is due Wed Nov 26 at Noon.
- Homework 8 is due Thu Dec 4 at Noon.
- Homework 9 is due Fri Dec 12 at Noon.
- No Midterm! No Final Exam!